The four healthy behaviors promoted in the Cyclones Care campaign weren't selected out of nowhere. Below you'll find more about "the why" from sources you can trust -- public health and health care experts with academic degrees and professional expertise. They are experienced in dealing with public health crises, treating patients who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had similar health issues.
Family health communication expert and Iowa State faculty member Katherine Rafferty and her research team also developed COVID-19 resources. Among them are several informational video interviews with Dr. Gregory Schmidt, director of Critical Care Programs at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics:
- Best Sources for Current Information
- How Has Healthcare Changed Since COVID-19?
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Interpersonal Relationships
- Caring for Patients with COVID-19
Wear a face covering
- Video: "Preventing the Spread of COVID-19," Dr. Greg Schmidt, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Video: "Do face masks make you retain carbon dioxide?" Dr. Greg Schmidt, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Malcolm Butler: It's the air you share
- Mayo Clinic
- Peer-reviewed study, The Lancet
- Evidence review